- 4 thin beet slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon goat cheese, softened and divided
- 2 slices whole wheat or multigrain sandwich bread (about 1 ½ ounces each), toasted
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 4 thin Granny Smith apple slices
- 1/4 cup cup matchstick carrots
Drizzle beet slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Divide and spread the goat cheese evenly on one side of each slice of bread.
On one slice of bread, top goat cheese with beets, avocado slices, apple slices, and carrots. Top with remaining slice of bread. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 days.